Electrical Pre Commissioning Technician
United Specialized Industrial For Trad. & Cont. Ltd. Co;
1. BACKGROUND & ROLE PURPOSE
The Electrical Pre-Commissioning Technician will have responsibility for
A. The function of the Electrical Technician is to provide front line hands on and technical support to pre-commissioning and troubleshoot the facility’s electrical related equipment.
B. Work closely with the Commissioning Team Manager, Safety Engineers and the Electrical Supervisor. A focus on schedule and the support of pre-commissioning activates is key to collectively working towards the projects collective goals.
C. Help ensure the on schedule handover and validation of all site electrical systems in accordance with internal and external regulation within the project schedule. The safe handling of electrical equipment and knowledge of the potential hazards is essential
1. 2. ROLE ATTRIBUTES
The Electrical Technician should have a minimum of an ONC/HNC/HND BTEC 5 type qualification, completion of a formal Instrument related engineering apprenticeship, supplemented by post apprenticeship experience of commissioning or maintenance within engineering environments such as the power, petrochemical, steel, oil and gas industries, waste management or material handling.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- With more than 25 nationalities represented at site the ability to work across cultures and language barriers is key.
- Knowledge of computer based applications (Microsoft Office) and a working knowledge of an ERP system (company use SAP as its standard)
- COMPEX qualification
- Familiarisation with IEE regulations
- Ability to read single line drawings, P&IDs and other technical documentation
- Ability to troubleshoot and make good and timely decisions in pressurised situations
- Flexibility in terms of changing priorities, workload and working hours
- Working, hands-on knowledge, including but not limited to the following (depending on the incumbent’s training and background)
- Control systems such as DCS and PLCs
- HV/MV & LV switchgear, protection devices, drives and distribution systems
- HV/MV & LV motors, generators and transformers
Experience with the following pre-commissioning specific procedures and training packages.
Multi-Train ASU turnkey commissioning experience.
Experience of working on a rotational basis in the Middle East, specifically Saudi Arabia a significant advantage.
3. ROLE Responsibilities